Established in 1977, Pacific Ties is the oldest student-run Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) newsmagazine in the nation. We seek to showcase the rich and diverse stories of the APIDA community on and off campus through news and commentary. Today, we continue to create on-going dialogue that offers insight into the dynamics of being APIDA, challenges the perceptions of APIDA identity, and celebrates the achievements of the communities we all have ties to.
Pacific Ties Newsmagazine aims to be a platform for APIDA student voices at UCLA. Through our magazine, you will form connections with other APIDA creatives, student groups, and community organizations. You will also gain valuable newsroom knowledge and a better understanding of the APIDA experience.
Social media interns ensure our social media platforms effectively engage our audience, ultimately to increase readership and awareness of Pacific Ties on campus and beyond. As a social media intern, you are responsible for facilitating the overall visual aesthetic of the newsmagazine on our social platforms. This position will give you the flexibility to create multimedia content that is timely, engaging, and informative, as well as plan and implement campaigns that reflect Pacific Ties’ core values of inclusivity, advocacy, and integrity. Through training, interns will also understand the mechanics behind journalistic writing style and gain valuable multimedia production skills.
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Ensure cohesive visual aesthetic of the publication across all social media platforms
• Collaborate with other staff members (writers, editors, design team, etc.) to create consistent weekly content, communicate progress regularly to the managing team, meet assigned deadlines, & contribute to further publication’s mission
• If we move forward with your application, you will be contacted through email to schedule an interview time. Please list an email you check often to ensure you accept the application invite in a timely manner.
Social media accounts:
• Instagram: @pacifictiesmagazine
• Facebook: facebook.com/pacties
• Twitter: @pacificties