Welcome to the Fall 2023 application for Bruinwalk UI/UX! Please fill out your profile fully, answer the questions so we can get to know you better and remember to submit your application by the deadline.
Bruinwalk is Daily Bruin's website serving over 18k students of the UCLA community yearly. It's a place where students can find their next GE, share reviews of classes and apartments with others and much, much more!
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a UX Designer at Bruinwalk, you'll use insights through research along with your personal experiences as a student to create designs that thousands of Bruins will use. These creative and strategic insights will shape the way UCLA students interact with our platform and create a better overall academic experience at UCLA. Your responsibilities will include:
- Using various UX research methodologies, such as surveying, usability testing, and card sorting, to gather insights and inform design decisions.
- Creating visually appealing and brand-consistent designs to maintain a seamless user journey.
- Contributing at least 5 hours per week to design assignments plus 1 hour for meetings.
- We're seeking designers who are dedicated to enhancing the Bruinwalk experience. While all UCLA students from any background, major, and experience level are encouraged to apply, we are particularly interested in individuals who possess:
- Experience in the UX field, knowledge of cognitive science principles, or are self-taught.
- Proficiency in Figma, especially expertise in component use and prototyping.
- A portfolio demonstrating your strengths in visual design, functional design, or both. We are not necessarily looking for perfection - we just want to see what you do best!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email our Director, Jonathan Xu ([email protected]) or our Assistant Director, Marina Suh ([email protected])