As a recently created staff, BruinLife’s videographers will shoot high-quality videos throughout the year to add to the visual appeal of the BruinLife website and various Student Media websites and projects when needed. Their work entails aspects of both video-journalism and promotional video content for the overall Student Media department.
Videographers are on stipend staff. A stipend is not an hourly compensation and is paid based on assignments turned in.
Please note that training is mandatory. Location and times TBA.
- As a videographer, you are responsible for quarterly video assignments, attending all staff meetings (when necessary) and video staff meetings. Shooting a minimum of 1-2 video assignments per deadline (every 3 weeks)
- You will gather video assets, compile footage and secure permission from outside sources
- Research, fact-check, and write interview questions
- Assist with shoots and/or editing sessions when necessary
- Basic video editing
- Pitching ideas, covering a range of events and topics for the BruinLife blog.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- An average of 4 hours per week is what is expected of video staff. These hours include recording, editing, meeting, etc.
Applicants need prior video experience to apply for this job. Basic knowledge of video editing and/or taking video is required.*
- Strong interest in news media, promotional/product video/video-editing and documentaries
- Ability to multitask, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong desire to learn and get involved
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Self-starter attitude
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro is a plus, but not a requirement
What we can offer you
- A more extensive resume.
- Networking opportunities with alumni and other Student Media publications.
- A platform for your creative work through our blog and various Student Media projects.
- Connections with community organizations.
- Valuable news room knowledge and a better understanding of how to work in a production environment.
- A safe space for dialogue and different values.
- Food and socials/field trips.
- Long-time friends.
Video Samples (link urls)
Short answer responses