About the position
As a whole, BruinLife is composed of various components: the BruinLife Annual, BruinLife Online and BruinLife Photo Studio. As part of the Marketing Staff, you will be responsible for BruinLife's social media platforms while also engaging in weekly writing projects. The Marketing Staff is responsible for all advertising, business and sales related to the yearbook and BruinLife Photo Studio. You will design and create flyers, content and advertisements and conduct business agreements and collaborations with other groups on campus.
After two quarters of fulfilling all member requirements and upon recommendation by their section editor, interns become eligible for stipend staff. To clarify, stipends are not the same as hourly compensation; rather, you're paid based on the assignments turned in.
Please note that there is mandatory Student Media training for new interns, as well as any trainings held by your section editor. Student Media training usually occurs on the weekends after Weeks 3, 4 and 5. Further details will be provided upon acceptance.
- Content creation for Instagram and Facebook posts, including pictures, captions and paid posts to maintain the aesthetic of current channels.
- 1 blog assignment every other week.
- Create and execute actionable plans for expanding current social media channels to increase views and follower count.
- Design weekly ads to run in the Daily Bruin newspaper advertising any of our products.
- Table/flyer weekly to promote our brand and products.
- Mascot Runs: BruinLife has a squirrel mascot who goes around campus weekly to promote BruinLife.
- Greek row walks to promote our various promotions/products.
- Help develop and execute creative marketing strategies for a variety of our products.
- Deal with customers regarding purchases of various of our products.
- Complete a minimum of two office hours: All BruinLife staff members must fulfill this requirement. Office hours may be completed at any time during the week at your discretion. The purposes of these office hours are to work on BruinLife assignments in-office, but we also encourage staffers to utilize the office to study, rest, and socialize with other BruinLife members.
- Attend all-staff meetings and section meetings.
- Complete at least one one-on-one with your section editor per quarter.
- Attend a minimum of one all-staff social per quarter.
Applicants do not need prior marketing experience to apply for this job. There will be staff workshops and office hours available for guidance. However, due to the nature of the position, candidates with basic knowledge of social media and/or marketing skills will be preferred.
What we can offer you
- Valuable marketing knowledge and better understanding of how to work in a marketing/sales environment.
- A more extensive resume.
- Networking opportunities with alumni and other Student Media publications.
- A platform for your voice.
- Connections with community organizations.
- Valuable newsroom knowledge and better understanding of how to work in an editorial environment.
- A safe space for discourse and differing values.
- Food and socials.
- Long time friends!
Short answer responses
Screenshot of your tentative fall quarter schedule
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]