As a new section, BruinLife’s Illustrators will draw/illustrate for various topics throughout the year to add to the visual appeal of the BruinLife website and print products.
After 1 quarter of internship, illustrators become eligible for stipend staff. A stipend is not an hourly compensation and is paid based on assignments turned in.
Please note that mandatory training for new staff will occur on the weekend of Jan. 23-24 (only 1 day), Jan. 30-31 (only 1 day) and February 6-7 (only 1 day). Location and times TBA.
- As an illustrator, you are responsible for quarterly project assignments, attending all staff meetings (when necessary) and illustration staff meetings. Completing a minimum of 1-2 assignments per deadline (every 3 weeks)
- Pitching ideas, covering a range of events and topics for the BruinLife blog.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- *Complete a minimum of 2 office hours: All BruinLife staff members are required to do a minimum 2 office hours (you choose the hours) per week in the office. And no, these are not the necessarily the same as professor office hours. The purpose of these office hours are to do BruinLife related work (main) but we encourage you to utilize our office to study, nap, get away from the heat/cold and interact with other members of the BL staff who you will be working with. PLEASE NOTE that with school being virtual, the minimum number of office hours has been suspended.
Applicants need some prior illustration experience to apply for this position.*
- Ability to multitask, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong desire to learn and get involved
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Self-starter attitude
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator is a plus, but not a requirement
What we can offer you
- A more extensive resume.
- Networking opportunities with alumni and other Student Media publications.
- A platform for your creative work through our blog and various Student Media projects.
- Connections with community organizations.
- Valuable news room knowledge and a better understanding of how to work in a production environment.
- A safe space for dialogue and different values.
- Food and socials/field trips.
- Long-time friends.
Short answer responses
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]