The social media manager oversees the day-to-day function of Fem's social media accounts. Please read the position description on the Fem application main page and the description below before applying. If you have any questions about the application, please feel free to email [email protected] or [email protected] This application is due by 11:59 PM on Friday October 5th, 2018 (end of week 1). Interviews will take place during week 2. Applicants will be notified about interviews at the beginning of week 2.
1. Oversee daily operation of Fem's social media accounts (Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram) by coordinating with social media teams
2. Oversee operation of newsletter team to produce a weekly newsletter sent to subscribers each Friday of the quarter
3. Promote Fem online articles, upcoming events, print issue releases, recruitment, merch, etc. on all platforms
4. Maintain weekly communication with the web manager and design team to produce creative content for Fem's social media accounts
5. attend weekly to biweekly Fem senior staff meetings
6. Ensure all content posted on platforms adheres to Fem's mission statement
7. Communicate with the editor-in-chief about any project ideas, issues, or progress pertaining to Fem's social media
8. Cooperation with Fem's member policy
What we can offer you:
1. Training to run the social media platforms for a college publication
2. Intersectional community on campus
3. Experience in student media, journalism, and organizational leadership
The new social media manager will begin working on social media content after attending training sessions, dates TBD. Training is mandatory.
Find us on:
Please answer each question with less than 300 words.
How did you hear about FEM?
What do you think it means to be an intersectional feminist?
Why is it important to have a newsmagazine here at UCLA that is dedicated to feminist issues?
If you have had any prior high school, junior college, or college journalism or media experience please list and explain here. (This is not necessary to apply).
What other feminist publications (magazines, blogs, etc.) and/or social media accounts do you read or follow?
What is your experience with social media platforms?
This can include personal and/or professional experience.
Please provide 1-2 ideas you have for improving FEM’s visibility on the platforms we use.
What is one creative project you would like to pursue as FEM’s social media manager?
Do you have any skills FEM should know about?
Examples: Photoshop, video editing, WordPress (no prior experience required).
Any additional questions?