The social coordinator works with social team members to organize events for FEM staff. The primary responsibility of the social coordinator is organizing the FEM print release party at the end of each quarter. This position requires regular communication with the editor-in-chief, community outreach director, finance director, social media manager, and design directors. Please read the position description on the main page and the description below before applying. If you have any questions about the application, please feel free to email [email protected] or [email protected] This application is due at 11:59 PM on Friday, October 5th, 2018 (end of week 1). Interviews will take place during week 2. Applicants will be notified about interviews at the beginning of week 2.
1. Organize socials for FEM staff and print release parties
2. Oversee social team and delegate responsibilities for release parties
3. Maintain communication with finance director for allotted social funds
4. Communicate with design directors for promotion images (Facebook cover photos, etc.)
5. Communicate with social media manager to promote events
6. Generate creative ideas for FEM socials
7. Promote group activities and outings for FEM staff
8. Communicate regularly with the editor-in-chief about issues, progress, ideas, etc.
9. Cooperation with FEM's member policy
What we can offer you:
1. Experience in organizational leadership
2. Event planning experience
3. Campus resources for event planning (access to music equipment, etc.)
4. Intersectional feminist community on campus
Find us on:
Please answer the following with no more than 300 words per question.
How did you hear about FEM?
What do you think it means to be an intersectional feminist?
Why is it important to have a newsmagazine here at UCLA that is dedicated to feminist issues?
What other feminist publications (magazines, blogs, etc.) and/or social media accounts do you read or follow?
Why do you want to be FEM's social coordinator?
Do you have any personal or professional experience in event planning?
Provide 1-2 creative social ideas for FEM staff.
Preferably events that do not result in big expenses.
Have you ever attended a FEM release party? What did you like? What do you makes a good release party? If you have not attended a FEM release party, please describe what you would do for a release party!
FEM usually hosts releases off-campus, pays student musicians to play, provides refreshments, etc.
This position requires responsible time management. Do you believe you have the discipline and time to manage social events? How do you plan to attend to your responsibilities as social coordinator?
Any additional questions?