The community outreach director oversees the outreach team and organizes outreach events with team members. The outreach director also oversees the quarterly FEM recruitment process. This position requires regular communication with the editor-in-chief, finance director, design directors, and social media manager. Please read the position description on the main page and the description below before applying. If you have any questions about the application, please feel free to email [email protected] or [email protected] This application is due at 11:59 PM on Friday, October 5th, 2018 (end of week 1). Interviews will take place during week 2. Applicants will be notified about interviews at the beginning of week 2.
1. Oversee the outreach team and delegate event planning responsibilities
2. Maintain communication with finance director for allotted social funds
3. Communicate with design directors for promotion images (Facebook cover photos, etc.)
4. Communicate with social media manager to promote events
5. Generate creative ideas for FEM events
6. Reach out to organizations in LA for collaboration, interviews, etc.
6. Oversee quarterly FEM recruitment process (organizing flyering, etc.)
7. Communicate regularly with the editor-in-chief about issues, progress, ideas, etc.
8. Cooperation with FEM's member policy
What we can offer you:
1. Experience in organizational leadership
2. Event planning experience
3. Campus resources for event planning
4. Intersectional feminist community on campus
Find us on:
Please answer the following with no more than 300 words per question.
How did you hear about FEM?
What do you think it means to be an intersectional feminist?
Why is it important to have a newsmagazine here at UCLA that is dedicated to feminist issues?
What other feminist publications (magazines, blogs, etc.) and/or social media accounts do you read or follow?
Why do you want to be FEM's community outreach director?
Do you have any personal or professional experience in event planning?
Provide 1-2 creative outreach ideas for FEM.
Preferably events that do not result in big expenses.
What is your connection to LA communities? Do you have any experience organizing outside of campus events?
For example, FEM organized events with anti-gentrification groups from Boyle Heights last year (and we plan to do the same this year)!
This position requires responsible time management. Do you believe you have the discipline and time to manage social events? How do you plan to attend to your responsibilities as community outreach director?
Any additional questions?