FEM designers create content for FEM’s website, social media platforms, merch, and print issues. Please read the position description on the main page and the description below before applying. If you have any questions about the application, please feel free to email [email protected] or [email protected] This application is due at 11:59 PM on Friday, October 5th, 2018 (end of week 1). Interviews will take place during week 2. Applicants will be notified about interviews at the beginning of week 2.
1. Contribute original artwork to the magazine (i.e. illustrations, photographs, paintings, comics, etc.)
2. Attend and actively participate in weekly FEM design staff meetings
3. Turn in work on time and in an organized manner
4. Contribute new, fun and exciting ideas to make FEM design attractive to broad audiences
5. Maintain close communication with the design directors
6. Cooperation with FEM’s member policy
What we can offer you:
1. A safe outlet to express yourself creatively
2. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
3. Access to photoshoot resources
4. Intersectional feminist community on campus
5. Ability to get your work published in a digital and print magazine, on merch, flyers, etc.
Find us on:
How did you hear about FEM?
What do you think it means to be an intersectional feminist?
What kind of work do you do?
Pick all that apply! If you pick "other," please elaborate in the "Additional Comments" section (the last question below).
Where do you turn for creative inspiration?
Who are some of your favorite artists?
Do you have any technical experience with Adobe programs? How would you rate your level of experience?
Please specify which programs and what level for each. No prior experience required if you are willing to learn.
Please attach up to 3 samples of your work. Links to websites are also welcome -- if you have a link, please put it in the "Additional Comments" section (the last question on the application).
If you are interested in being involved in FEM’s fundraising, outreach, or social media teams, check any of the options below.
You can choose multiple. If you're not interested in any, select "None."
Any additional comments, website links, or questions?